The Week in Review
I'm still in a bit of disbelief that I'm actually registered for Ironman Lake Placid. It's a good thing I registered as soon as I did. Over 2000 spots filled up in 90 minutes! I knew a few people that tried to register last Monday but ended up getting closed out of the event. I would have been so incredibly bummed if I didn't get to register. As my better half can attest, I had been pretty fixated on signing up for IMLP for months. Anyhow, I figured I'd catch you up on my last week of training.
Monday - Rest (this is my normal rest day to recover from my long run on Sundays)
Tuesday - Unfortunately another day off...had to meet with our insurance guy which went a little longer than expected and cut my workout for the day
Wednesday - RUN - 0:55:18- Hot and Humid run in Valley Forge
Thursday - BIKE - 1:00:00 - An hour on my bike trainer indoors...the weather kept me inside, but the trainer ride felt good...stayed in the big ring most of the way
Friday - Third day off for the week - Out of town guest kept us busy and didn't get a workout in
Saturday - RUN - 0:32:38 - Short run in Valley Forge and Chesterbrook
Sunday - RUN - 1:48:54 (11 miles on the river trail) - The long run for the week was a success...I've been bumping up my long run every week for the past 5 or so weeks by one mile a week. Today was the longest run of my life! After today I'm feeling pretty confident about my ability to finish the Philly Half Marathon on 9/17.
Summary of workouts -
Total Time = 4:16:50
Run Time = 3:16:50 (3 sessions)
Bike Time = 1:00:00 (1 session)
All in all I was a bit disappointed in taking 3 full days off, but still pretty enthused about my long run. I really need to start incorporating morning workouts into my routine to compensate for the evenings when everyday life keeps me occupied.
On one final note, during the past week my mind has been completely occupied by thoughts of IMLP. Most specifically, time has taken on a new meaning. When I leave my house for work at 7:10AM I wonder what it will feel like at 7:10AM on 7/22/07 when I'm ten minutes into my swim and still have 140+ miles separating myself from the finish line. At noon when I'm eating lunch I wonder how far into my bike ride I'll be at noon on 7/22/07. At 5:45PM when I leave work I wonder how far into the marathon I will be at 5:45PM on 7/22/07 and how much effort will have to go into putting one foot in front of the other by that point in the day. Over the next year these thoughts will probably creep into my head thousands and thousands of times.
Monday - Rest (this is my normal rest day to recover from my long run on Sundays)
Tuesday - Unfortunately another day off...had to meet with our insurance guy which went a little longer than expected and cut my workout for the day
Wednesday - RUN - 0:55:18- Hot and Humid run in Valley Forge
Thursday - BIKE - 1:00:00 - An hour on my bike trainer indoors...the weather kept me inside, but the trainer ride felt good...stayed in the big ring most of the way
Friday - Third day off for the week - Out of town guest kept us busy and didn't get a workout in
Saturday - RUN - 0:32:38 - Short run in Valley Forge and Chesterbrook
Sunday - RUN - 1:48:54 (11 miles on the river trail) - The long run for the week was a success...I've been bumping up my long run every week for the past 5 or so weeks by one mile a week. Today was the longest run of my life! After today I'm feeling pretty confident about my ability to finish the Philly Half Marathon on 9/17.
Summary of workouts -
Total Time = 4:16:50
Run Time = 3:16:50 (3 sessions)
Bike Time = 1:00:00 (1 session)
All in all I was a bit disappointed in taking 3 full days off, but still pretty enthused about my long run. I really need to start incorporating morning workouts into my routine to compensate for the evenings when everyday life keeps me occupied.
On one final note, during the past week my mind has been completely occupied by thoughts of IMLP. Most specifically, time has taken on a new meaning. When I leave my house for work at 7:10AM I wonder what it will feel like at 7:10AM on 7/22/07 when I'm ten minutes into my swim and still have 140+ miles separating myself from the finish line. At noon when I'm eating lunch I wonder how far into my bike ride I'll be at noon on 7/22/07. At 5:45PM when I leave work I wonder how far into the marathon I will be at 5:45PM on 7/22/07 and how much effort will have to go into putting one foot in front of the other by that point in the day. Over the next year these thoughts will probably creep into my head thousands and thousands of times.


1 Comments:
Jeremy,
Congrautlations on your outstanding performance at IM USA.
Stay tuned...
Post a Comment
<< Home