Finding the Time
I'm quickly discovering that fitting training in with the rest of my life is nearly as challenging as the training itself. Throw in a few late nights at the office and some much needed studying for my upcoming GMAT exam, and before I know it I've managed to take 4 days off from working out this week. All in all, the week was pretty much a bust in terms of volume, but the quality of the workouts I did manage to get done felt great. Completely opposite from last week, the weather could not have been better for running. I didn't manage to get any cross training in, but my three runs all felt pretty solid.
Here's the short summary:
Tuesday- RUN: 36:49/4.32 miles/8:31 mile pace
Friday- RUN: 53:39/5.95 miles/9:01 mile pace
Sunday- RUN: 1:51:21/12.00 miles/9:17 mile pace
Total- 3:21:49/22.27 miles
Although this week was a bit of a let down in terms of total volume, I was really pleased with each of my runs. Today's run was the longest run of my life and I felt good pretty much the entire way through. I'm looking forward to bumping up the long run to 13 miles next Sunday.
Stretching your boundaries is such an amazing feeling. Redefining "possible" is what Ironman is all about.
Here's the short summary:
Tuesday- RUN: 36:49/4.32 miles/8:31 mile pace
Friday- RUN: 53:39/5.95 miles/9:01 mile pace
Sunday- RUN: 1:51:21/12.00 miles/9:17 mile pace
Total- 3:21:49/22.27 miles
Although this week was a bit of a let down in terms of total volume, I was really pleased with each of my runs. Today's run was the longest run of my life and I felt good pretty much the entire way through. I'm looking forward to bumping up the long run to 13 miles next Sunday.
Stretching your boundaries is such an amazing feeling. Redefining "possible" is what Ironman is all about.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home