Why is this blog important?
One simple word: Accountability
This journal holds me accountable for my training like never before. Take today's run for example. I ran 13 miles, which just so happens to be the longest run of my life if anyone's keeping track. However, after about 8 miles I was in a fair amount of pain with some pretty cramped legs. Without this blog it would have been much easier to stop and call it a day. Then I thought about how in last week's post I mentioned that I was really looking forward to running 13 miles during my next long run. This blog keeps me honest, which in turn makes my training that much better.
With that said here's the week in review:
Tuesday-RUN- 1:15:15/7.74 miles/9:43 mile pace
Thursday-RUN- 35:42/4.17 miles/8:34 mile pace
Saturday-RUN- 40:22/4.44 miles/9:05 mile pace
Sunday-RUN- 2:04:13/13.00 miles/9:33 mile pace
Total- 4:35:32/29.35 miles
Again, no swimming or biking which is a bit of a let down. GMAT studying is definitely a big consumer of my free time, so the past couple of weeks have been void of any swims or bike rides. Luckily my exam is this coming Saturday (wish me luck!). After I have that test out of the way I plan on trying to incorporate at least one swim and one bike ride a week in addition to my running.
That's about all for now. Thanks for reading.
This journal holds me accountable for my training like never before. Take today's run for example. I ran 13 miles, which just so happens to be the longest run of my life if anyone's keeping track. However, after about 8 miles I was in a fair amount of pain with some pretty cramped legs. Without this blog it would have been much easier to stop and call it a day. Then I thought about how in last week's post I mentioned that I was really looking forward to running 13 miles during my next long run. This blog keeps me honest, which in turn makes my training that much better.
With that said here's the week in review:
Tuesday-RUN- 1:15:15/7.74 miles/9:43 mile pace
Thursday-RUN- 35:42/4.17 miles/8:34 mile pace
Saturday-RUN- 40:22/4.44 miles/9:05 mile pace
Sunday-RUN- 2:04:13/13.00 miles/9:33 mile pace
Total- 4:35:32/29.35 miles
Again, no swimming or biking which is a bit of a let down. GMAT studying is definitely a big consumer of my free time, so the past couple of weeks have been void of any swims or bike rides. Luckily my exam is this coming Saturday (wish me luck!). After I have that test out of the way I plan on trying to incorporate at least one swim and one bike ride a week in addition to my running.
That's about all for now. Thanks for reading.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home