They must think Ironman races are for wimps
Just when I thought my future Ironman race was about as insane of an endeavor as someone could possibly undertake, I stumbled upon this ridiculous race when I was meandering around the American Triathlon Calendar website...the Virginia TRIPLE IRON triathlon (http://www.usaultratri.com/welcome.html). 7.2-mile swim, 336-mile bike, 78.6-mile run. Are you freakin' kidding me? To drive the athletes to the brink of their sanity, the bike course is 67 5-mile loops, and the run is 39 2-mile loops! Can you say deja vu? The part that I find most amusing is that the race institutes a 60-hour cutoff. If you finish in 60:01, do you get a DNF?


2 Comments:
Wow, those races would definitely leave one a bit sore after the weekend.
"We also allow athletes to paddle the swim portion using any type of kayak/canoe they wish."
Bah. They're the wimps.
Post a Comment
<< Home