A Trip North and the Week in Review
So the week in review is coming one day late because Silvia and I went to visit my parents in Western Massachusetts for the holiday weekend. The weather up there was a bit dreary, but it made for a terrific long run on Saturday.
Here's the run down:
Monday: RUN: 5.97 miles/58:02/9:43 mile pace - This was my first Monday workout in weeks. I normally take Monday off to recover from my typical Sunday long run, but since the previous Sunday was sans long run I decided to go for a good neighborhood hill run.
Tuesday: RUN: 6.74 miles/1:00:00/8:54 mile pace - Had to do Tuesday's run at the gym on the treadmill since it was pouring buckets in PA
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: RUN: 5.03 miles/45:00/8:57 mile pace - Again...raining buckets...2nd treadmill run for the week.
SWIM: 30:00 - This was a cooldown post-treadmill run. Continuous swim for 30 minutes, but didn't bother to count distance.
Friday: REST/Drove north to the sticks of Western MA
Saturday: RUN: 2:01:33 - Silvia and I went for a beautiful long run in my parent's neck of the woods. I have no idea what our distance was for the run as the GMAP Pedometer basically just shows a green blob out by their house so I can't manage to map out the run. Regardless of the unknown distance, the run was terrific. It was really nice to be able to run in a different setting for a change. Not that I don't really enjoy running my usual long run trail, but a change of scenery helps once in a while.
Sunday: REST/Drove back to PA in record time! (4 hours)
All in all, I thought the week went well in terms of my run volume, but I think I shouldn't have rested on Wednesday considering I couldn't get in workouts on Friday or Sunday because of travel. I was a bit disappointed to not get in a bike ride during the week. Bike rides will comprise a major percentage of my total training time once I finish the Philly 'thon in November, so I need to start getting used to it now.
Anyhow, here are the time totals:
Total Run: 4:44:35
Total Swim: 0:30:00
Total Time: 5:14:35
That's about all for now. Thanks for reading!
Here's the run down:
Monday: RUN: 5.97 miles/58:02/9:43 mile pace - This was my first Monday workout in weeks. I normally take Monday off to recover from my typical Sunday long run, but since the previous Sunday was sans long run I decided to go for a good neighborhood hill run.
Tuesday: RUN: 6.74 miles/1:00:00/8:54 mile pace - Had to do Tuesday's run at the gym on the treadmill since it was pouring buckets in PA
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: RUN: 5.03 miles/45:00/8:57 mile pace - Again...raining buckets...2nd treadmill run for the week.
SWIM: 30:00 - This was a cooldown post-treadmill run. Continuous swim for 30 minutes, but didn't bother to count distance.
Friday: REST/Drove north to the sticks of Western MA
Saturday: RUN: 2:01:33 - Silvia and I went for a beautiful long run in my parent's neck of the woods. I have no idea what our distance was for the run as the GMAP Pedometer basically just shows a green blob out by their house so I can't manage to map out the run. Regardless of the unknown distance, the run was terrific. It was really nice to be able to run in a different setting for a change. Not that I don't really enjoy running my usual long run trail, but a change of scenery helps once in a while.
Sunday: REST/Drove back to PA in record time! (4 hours)
All in all, I thought the week went well in terms of my run volume, but I think I shouldn't have rested on Wednesday considering I couldn't get in workouts on Friday or Sunday because of travel. I was a bit disappointed to not get in a bike ride during the week. Bike rides will comprise a major percentage of my total training time once I finish the Philly 'thon in November, so I need to start getting used to it now.
Anyhow, here are the time totals:
Total Run: 4:44:35
Total Swim: 0:30:00
Total Time: 5:14:35
That's about all for now. Thanks for reading!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home