Blazeman
It was only my last post in which I stated how fortunate I am to be on this Ironman journey. In logging onto my computer this morning to stop by my daily tri blog reads, I read in Josh's blog that John "Blazeman" Blais succumbed to his battle with ALS on May 27, 2007. John touched millions of lives throughout the past few years as he finished the Kona Ironman in 2005 after having been diagnosed with ALS. Last year his body forced him to watch in Kona from a wheelchair. His mission of educating the world about ALS will not soon be forgotten. Whether you are swimming, biking or running today...please think of Blazeman, if only for one moment.
Blazeman's website currently has the following quote on the front page:
"He Leaves The World A Better Place Because He Was A Part Of It..."
I could not have said it any better.
Blazeman's website currently has the following quote on the front page:
"He Leaves The World A Better Place Because He Was A Part Of It..."
I could not have said it any better.


2 Comments:
Yeah, that story really got me when I watched it.
Very sad day indeed. It was horrible to see how disabling ALS from the year he finished IM to the following year. We definitely can never take our health for granted..truly a blessing!
Post a Comment
<< Home