My Leaky Pipes
Hey...get your mind out of the gutter! Or maybe I should get my mind out of the gutter for thinking you'd have yours in the gutter after reading my post's title. Enough gutter talk.
Last week started off really well. Blasting through a 2 hour bike ride on my normal day off and a 5000 yard swim the next day. It had me feeling very fortunate just to be able to be living a healthy lifestyle. Wednesday and Thursday I had back to back hill runs planned. 6 miles and 8 miles respectively. Like I said in my last post, I'm done effing around. Well my knees were toast come Thursday evening, which served as a good reminder that I am still human, still flawed and not yet an Ironman. Rest, elevation and ice was the prescription. No worries though. The running hills were already calling my name again starting yesterday.
I was supposed to meet up with one of the most blogtastic folks in all of tri-blogging land, IM Able, on Saturday to ride an organized 76 miler not far from my crib in the Philly burbs. As luck would have it, when I went down to my basement on Friday night to work on my bike I found my water heater leaking all over the floor and essentially dead. Not cool! Sadly, this derailed my Saturday plans as I was supposed to have a plumber come out to my house and fix said water heater.
Flash to Saturday...I wait and wait and wait for said plumber. He ended up cancelling for Saturday. Again...not cool. We had to re-schedule for Tuesday. So my planned 76 miler was a bust, but I still managed to put in 6.5 hours of riding over the weekend regardless. 13 hours total training for the week. Would have been longer if the knees were up for a long run...but no sense in risking injury this late in the game just so I can say I went 15 hours this week instead of 13.
Yesterday said plumber was supposed to show up between 8 and 12 to finally fix my damn water heater. He ends up showing at 1:45pm and doesn't finish until 5pm. I wish I had the latitude to just show up whenever the hell I wanted and blow through 4-hour windows. As if the 4-hour window isn't wide enough! So much for service these days. Anyhow...long story short...I have hot water again. It's all good.
Thanks very much for reading.
Last week started off really well. Blasting through a 2 hour bike ride on my normal day off and a 5000 yard swim the next day. It had me feeling very fortunate just to be able to be living a healthy lifestyle. Wednesday and Thursday I had back to back hill runs planned. 6 miles and 8 miles respectively. Like I said in my last post, I'm done effing around. Well my knees were toast come Thursday evening, which served as a good reminder that I am still human, still flawed and not yet an Ironman. Rest, elevation and ice was the prescription. No worries though. The running hills were already calling my name again starting yesterday.
I was supposed to meet up with one of the most blogtastic folks in all of tri-blogging land, IM Able, on Saturday to ride an organized 76 miler not far from my crib in the Philly burbs. As luck would have it, when I went down to my basement on Friday night to work on my bike I found my water heater leaking all over the floor and essentially dead. Not cool! Sadly, this derailed my Saturday plans as I was supposed to have a plumber come out to my house and fix said water heater.
Flash to Saturday...I wait and wait and wait for said plumber. He ended up cancelling for Saturday. Again...not cool. We had to re-schedule for Tuesday. So my planned 76 miler was a bust, but I still managed to put in 6.5 hours of riding over the weekend regardless. 13 hours total training for the week. Would have been longer if the knees were up for a long run...but no sense in risking injury this late in the game just so I can say I went 15 hours this week instead of 13.
Yesterday said plumber was supposed to show up between 8 and 12 to finally fix my damn water heater. He ends up showing at 1:45pm and doesn't finish until 5pm. I wish I had the latitude to just show up whenever the hell I wanted and blow through 4-hour windows. As if the 4-hour window isn't wide enough! So much for service these days. Anyhow...long story short...I have hot water again. It's all good.
Thanks very much for reading.


1 Comments:
It seems that every time I go out to run or exercise the heating, etc., always work. Why can't I be so lucky and get a break besides those days off that are attributed to old age?
Post a Comment
<< Home