T-Minus 30 Weeks
I am knee deep in b-school applications and way behind on updating you on my IMLP base training. This one will be short and sweet so I can get back to working on my application essays. Here's the hour breakdown below. Not a very sexy week. Just basically trying to stay consistent with a routine.
Monday - Scheduled day of rest
Tuesday - One hour on the bike on the trainer in the basement followed by 15 minutes of abs and push-ups
Wednesday - One hour on the treadmill at the gym. 6.46 miles. Followed by 15 minutes of abs and push-ups
Thursday - One hour swim. 6X500 and 8X50 = 3400 yards
Friday - One hour treadmill run. 6.3 miles. 30 minute swim. 6X200 and 3X100 = 1500 yards
Saturday - Missed day of workouts due to b-school apps. Bummer to miss workouts, but I needed to prioritize.
Sunday - Two hour bike ride on the trainer followed by 15 minutes of abs and push-ups.
Totals:
Swim: 1:30 (4900 yards)
Bike: 3:00
Run: 2:00 (12.76 miles)
Strength (abs and push-ups): 0:45
Total time: 7:15:00
Only a couple weeks left of application work. Really looking forward to having them out of my hands.
Thanks for reading.
Monday - Scheduled day of rest
Tuesday - One hour on the bike on the trainer in the basement followed by 15 minutes of abs and push-ups
Wednesday - One hour on the treadmill at the gym. 6.46 miles. Followed by 15 minutes of abs and push-ups
Thursday - One hour swim. 6X500 and 8X50 = 3400 yards
Friday - One hour treadmill run. 6.3 miles. 30 minute swim. 6X200 and 3X100 = 1500 yards
Saturday - Missed day of workouts due to b-school apps. Bummer to miss workouts, but I needed to prioritize.
Sunday - Two hour bike ride on the trainer followed by 15 minutes of abs and push-ups.
Totals:
Swim: 1:30 (4900 yards)
Bike: 3:00
Run: 2:00 (12.76 miles)
Strength (abs and push-ups): 0:45
Total time: 7:15:00
Only a couple weeks left of application work. Really looking forward to having them out of my hands.
Thanks for reading.


6 Comments:
Looks like you're putting in the work. Keep it up and you'll be an Ironman for sure.
Stay tuned...
Ah, the joy of putting that last application in the mail. Trust me, it's worth the wait!
Good stuff on this week of training. Are you using any training videos for your bike rides? Any advice on how to bust the boredom on those long rides?
Keep it going!
I haven't done much for my training on my end.
Ever since snowboarding, I haven't touch the pool until last night. A rgh out of shape. I did, however, ran a lot and can feel my running legs back.
Have a great new year.
just wanted to say hi. I'm actually near you and training for LP in 2007 as well! Good luck with training.
Dave
Keep on goin'!
WOW, that is an awesome week. Keep it up!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home