Monday, December 11, 2006

T-Minus 32 Weeks

My first week of Ironman base building is in the books. Overall, it was an average week. I can say with complete certainty that 7 hours of combined swimming, biking and running is a lot easier on my knees compared to the 7 hour run-only weeks that I put in during marathon training! It was a pretty uneventful week to tell you the truth.

Here are the stats for those of you who like numbers:

Monday: Scheduled Day of Rest (I haven't quite become a 7-day/week triathlete yet!)

Tuesday: 1:00:00 - My first ride on Cookie Monster (my bike) in a very very long time

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday - 1:00:00 with CM

Thursday: Back to the pool! 1:00:00 - 3000 meters (not yards) with plenty of rest built in. Just like my long delay from bike riding, I also spent considerable time away from the pool while I geared up for the Philadelphia Marathon. The workout was broken down 5X300 meters on 6:00. I was repeating these on 4:50...so plenty of rest as I said. Following the 300's, I simply went 30X50 meters on 1:00. Nothing too sexy...just getting my sea legs back.

Friday: Missed workout! Dammit. Had a last minute dinner invite, which I didn't pass up. My discipline isn't quite Iron yet...but I'm working on it. That's what this journey is about afterall...lessons learned...right?

Saturday: 2 hr bike ride with CM...by the way...I neglected to mention all of my bike time during this week was on the indoor trainer.

Sunday: 1 hr treadmill run. 6.30 miles. Followed by one last 1:00:00 indoor trainer ride on my bike.

Here's the time breakdown for the week:
Swim: 1:00:00
Bike: 5:00:00
Run: 1:00:00
Total: 7:00:00

Lots of time back on the bike was much needed after a long lay off. I am pleased with the 5 hrs I put in. I was shooting for 2 hrs of swimming, so that was my only disappointment. In terms of running, my heals and knees are still not excited about it. Following the marathon, from the knee down, my body has been a bit tender so I've been trying to ease my way back into running. Overall, I'll say it was an average week. Not great, not horrible. I'll be shooting to keep my weekly totals around 8 hrs until the New Year when I'll bump things up a notch.

Last but not least...I have blogger issues! Since switching over to this Beta Blogger version, some strange stuff has happened to my blog. For starters, right after I made the switch, my profile got erased. Secondly, nearly all of my comments went from being identifiable bloggers to going anonymous. Anyone else experience these glitches and know how to solve them?

Thanks again for reading!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, that's a great week you put in! Keep up the great work!

I haven't upgraded to the new blogger yet (purposely) because I've heard about the bugs. I'm hoping that by the time they make it mandatory to migrate, they'll be further long.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Jeremy,

I am trying to slowly ramp up the volume.

Last week, i did 8 hr. So this week, I probably do 10 hr. I am starting to try and do more runs. Even just 20-30 min. Short stuff.

My goal is to slowly build up the intensity. We should be training hard around march-may. So that's when I will be switching my intensity knob highest then. For now, take it slow and easy so I don't get burnt out too fast.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

I switched over to beta blogger too and am now being given the heads-up that not everyone that wants to can leave a comment.

According to the blogger site it is a known issue and being worked. Oh well.

Nice week of training, BTW!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home