Monday, December 04, 2006

So It Begins

Ironman Lake Placid is only 33 weeks away and my Ironman training plan has officially begun! Following the Philadelphia Marathon I took two weeks off from training to fully recover. The break was much needed and I feel ready for the madness that is my 33-week Ironman training plan. Training was originally going to start today, but due my wife’s uncanny ability to score last minute Monday Night Football tickets, I decided to kick things off yesterday instead of today!

To celebrate the beginning of Ironman training I did my own little indoor Olympic-distance triathlon at my gym yesterday. 1500 meter swim (24:40), 40k stationary bike ride (1:08:46) and 10k treadmill run (1:00:00). Let’s just say T1 and T2 were very leisurely and not worth mentioning. It felt terrific to be swimming and biking again following a very long break from both so I could focus specifically on running in order to get across the line on 11/19.

It’s extremely difficult to describe what I’m feeling right now. It’s part scared shitless, part overwhelming excitement and part fear of the unknown.

33 weeks
3 disciplines
3 goals for IMLP
1. Have the time of my life
2. Reach my National Breast Cancer Coalition fundraising goal
3. Finish in under 17 hours

6 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Jeremy,

those are fast pace.

Just got a question...how do u break your traning schedule?

I basically see it in two parts..from now till March just a build up of endurance. Focus is swim, run, core, flexibility.

From Apr till June is the second half. It still will be almost all aerobic but the focus is on getting big miles on the bike and nutrition.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am training for IM CDA 2007 and think that you precisely captured what I am feeling at the moment concerning that event.

I just try to keep in my that my training will carry me through.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love starting a new training program.
Go get it done!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock.
Star.

Onwards and upwards you go...

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeremy, we look forward to following your adventure!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Believing, TRULY believing that you can do it is half of the battle. You are going to do awesome. :)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home