T-Minus 29, 28 and 27 Weeks
Whoa! Have I seriously been missing in action for three weeks? I feel like the lousiest tri-blogger in the entire tri-blogging community right now! I've had some mucho stress on my shoulders over the past three weeks because of my business school applications, but I'm proud to say that they are all finally out the door as of midnight on Saturday! Unfortunately between work, applications and training, blogging fell in last place over the past few weeks versus the other previosuly mentioned competitors of my time. Fear not, I will hold myself fully accountable for all three weeks in this post...because after all, that's what this blog is all about right, accountability?
Here's the skinny:
T-Minus 29 weeks:
Monday- Merry Christmas...scheduled day of rest
Tuesday- 1 hr trainer bike ride, 15 minutes of abs and push-ups
Wednesday- 1 hr treadmill run, 6.2 miles
Thursday- Missed day of workouts after plowing through b-school essays all night...essays were good but missing workouts sucks
Friday- 55:11 neighboorhood 6-mile run
Saturday- In Boston for a wedding, snowstorm cancelled my run...three missed days of workouts for the last week of the year really bummed me out.
Sunday-New Year's Eve, Wedding, still managed 1 hr treadmill run, 6.2 miles
Swim: Goose Egg
Bike: 1 hr
Run: 2:55:11
Strength: 15 minutes
Total T-Minus 29 weeks Time: 4:10:11
T-Minus 29 weeks wrap-up - 3 missed days really sucked. I was pretty upset with myself, but finishing applications and being in a Boston storm took my workouts on a tangent. Really felt the need to start fresh for the new year.
December Totals:
Swim: 3:54:40
Bike: 13.43.46
Run: 9:36:04
Strength: 1:00:00
Totals: 28:14:30
I was well on track to be over 30 hours for December, but my final week of the month really highjacked those plans. My January will certainly be more disciplined.
T-Minus 28 Weeks:
Monday - Happy New Year...scheduled day of rest
Tuesday- 30 minute treadmill run, 3.1 miles. 45 minute swim, 2500 yards
Wednesday- 1:30:00 trainer bike ride. 15 minutes abs and push-ups.
Thursday- 1 hr trainer bike ride
Friday- 1 hr treadmill run, 6.47 miles. Followed by 4000 yard swim, non-stop, pull buoy for the entire swim, 1:01:23.
Saturday- 8 mile run in Valley Forge - 1:17:07, followed by 45 minute bike trainer cool down.
Sunday- 2hr trainer bike ride followed by 15 minutes of abs and push-ups.
Swim: 1:46:23
Bike: 5:15:00
Run: 2:47:07
Strength: 0:30:00
Total T-Minus 28 Weeks Time: 10:18:30
General T-Minus 28 week thoughts: I was very pleased with my consistentcy this week. My 4000 yard swim (pull-only) was the pleasant surprise for the week. The effort was actually pretty moderate, and I was pleased with my form. Again, if you ever have a swim question, don't be shy...send me an e-mail and I'd be happy to respond.
T-Minus 27 Weeks:
Monday- Scheduled day of rest
Tuesday- 6 mile neighboorhood run, 53:01
Wednesday- 1 hr bike trainer ride
Thursday- 1hr bike trainer ride
Friday- 1hr treadmill run, 6.47 miles followed by 2000 yard swim set, 33:30
Saturday- 3 hr trainer bike ride
Sunday- 10 mile run, 1:34:43 followed by 1 hr trainer bike ride
Swim: 0:33:30
Bike: 6:00:00
Run: 3:27:44
Strength: Goose egg
Total T-Minus 27 weeks Time: 10:01:14
General T-Minus 27 weeks thoughts - Overall I feel good. Just kept plugging away. Basically everything done at a moderate intensity. My aerobic base continues to feel stronger. Finally managed to finish my business school apps this past Saturday, which will free up a lot of new training time!
On one last non-training related note...I would like to say Happy Anniversary (Number 1) to my beautiful wife Silvia! Without you, none of these trials and tribulations would mean much at all. You are my everything!
Thanks again for reading.
Here's the skinny:
T-Minus 29 weeks:
Monday- Merry Christmas...scheduled day of rest
Tuesday- 1 hr trainer bike ride, 15 minutes of abs and push-ups
Wednesday- 1 hr treadmill run, 6.2 miles
Thursday- Missed day of workouts after plowing through b-school essays all night...essays were good but missing workouts sucks
Friday- 55:11 neighboorhood 6-mile run
Saturday- In Boston for a wedding, snowstorm cancelled my run...three missed days of workouts for the last week of the year really bummed me out.
Sunday-New Year's Eve, Wedding, still managed 1 hr treadmill run, 6.2 miles
Swim: Goose Egg
Bike: 1 hr
Run: 2:55:11
Strength: 15 minutes
Total T-Minus 29 weeks Time: 4:10:11
T-Minus 29 weeks wrap-up - 3 missed days really sucked. I was pretty upset with myself, but finishing applications and being in a Boston storm took my workouts on a tangent. Really felt the need to start fresh for the new year.
December Totals:
Swim: 3:54:40
Bike: 13.43.46
Run: 9:36:04
Strength: 1:00:00
Totals: 28:14:30
I was well on track to be over 30 hours for December, but my final week of the month really highjacked those plans. My January will certainly be more disciplined.
T-Minus 28 Weeks:
Monday - Happy New Year...scheduled day of rest
Tuesday- 30 minute treadmill run, 3.1 miles. 45 minute swim, 2500 yards
Wednesday- 1:30:00 trainer bike ride. 15 minutes abs and push-ups.
Thursday- 1 hr trainer bike ride
Friday- 1 hr treadmill run, 6.47 miles. Followed by 4000 yard swim, non-stop, pull buoy for the entire swim, 1:01:23.
Saturday- 8 mile run in Valley Forge - 1:17:07, followed by 45 minute bike trainer cool down.
Sunday- 2hr trainer bike ride followed by 15 minutes of abs and push-ups.
Swim: 1:46:23
Bike: 5:15:00
Run: 2:47:07
Strength: 0:30:00
Total T-Minus 28 Weeks Time: 10:18:30
General T-Minus 28 week thoughts: I was very pleased with my consistentcy this week. My 4000 yard swim (pull-only) was the pleasant surprise for the week. The effort was actually pretty moderate, and I was pleased with my form. Again, if you ever have a swim question, don't be shy...send me an e-mail and I'd be happy to respond.
T-Minus 27 Weeks:
Monday- Scheduled day of rest
Tuesday- 6 mile neighboorhood run, 53:01
Wednesday- 1 hr bike trainer ride
Thursday- 1hr bike trainer ride
Friday- 1hr treadmill run, 6.47 miles followed by 2000 yard swim set, 33:30
Saturday- 3 hr trainer bike ride
Sunday- 10 mile run, 1:34:43 followed by 1 hr trainer bike ride
Swim: 0:33:30
Bike: 6:00:00
Run: 3:27:44
Strength: Goose egg
Total T-Minus 27 weeks Time: 10:01:14
General T-Minus 27 weeks thoughts - Overall I feel good. Just kept plugging away. Basically everything done at a moderate intensity. My aerobic base continues to feel stronger. Finally managed to finish my business school apps this past Saturday, which will free up a lot of new training time!
On one last non-training related note...I would like to say Happy Anniversary (Number 1) to my beautiful wife Silvia! Without you, none of these trials and tribulations would mean much at all. You are my everything!
Thanks again for reading.


4 Comments:
Jeremy,
Glad to hear you are keeping it rolling out there with the training- don't beat yourself up about "life" getting in the way sometimes- it happens. You did pretty awesome for having such a busy schedule and I would hope blogging would take a backseat to the real stuff.
Happy Anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary to you. I remember my first anniversary. We stayed at a B&B in Cape May and my wife had a ad put in the Philadelphia Inq. I thought it was a really cool idea as the gift for the first year is suppposed to be paper.
We have to try and hook up for a trainer ride at least since we are probably only a couple of miles from each other. I'll drop you an email.
Firstly, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Don't forget to do something truly special together for the event...*not* training related! ;0
Secondly, don't worry too much about having an off week. Remember that one week out of the month should be dialed back anyway. If it's dialed back because of a wedding or applications, your body doesn't know the difference. It only knows it has more time to heal.
And thirdly, GOOD TRAINING! You've clearly kept your base running fitness and your time on the bike will pay off soon. And the swimming...well, duh.
Jeremy,
six months and counting...nuts :)
My coach has me on a very low volume week. Last week was 8 hr (i pushed it to 9) and this week, 5 hr!!!
I probably do a bit more...i can't wait till the summer when i start pouring on the volume.
Post a Comment
<< Home