See You on the Other Side
I can't believe tomorrow is the big day! It feels so surreal. The athletes meeting last night was amazing. All sorts of inspirational stories. One man lost 160 pounds while training for IMLP. Another man is going blind AND is raising money for ALS, which his father has. It was impossible not to cry. The evening reminded me that everyone at this race has their own story, and each one is incredible. It feels so amazing to be part this M-Dot experience.
I also met Ken Glah yesterday. If you don't know who he is, he is sort of the Cal Ripken of triathlon. This year will mark his 24th straight trip to Kona. He also swims next to me at my local YMCA, but I have never met him, as I've never wanted to bother him during his own training due to his incredible focus.
Today I'll go for a 20ish minute run, check in my bike as well as my gear bags, and officially report my total funds raised for my Janus Charity Challenge. My parents are also coming up today and I'm really looking forward to seeing them.
Feel free to follow me online tomorrow at ironmanlive.com. I am bib 292. I remember last year watching the live video feed of the finish line at Lake Placid. I distinctly remember the last ten minutes before midnight. I remember seeing a woman finish with a cane, a man propose marriage to his girlfriend and a Clydesdale gleefully crossing the line...all of these happened in those magical 10 minutes between 11:50PM and midnight. There is nothing like the finish line at Ironman. Hopefully I am fortunate enough to see it tomorrow night.
Thank you for joining me on this journey. See you on the other side of 140.6.
I also met Ken Glah yesterday. If you don't know who he is, he is sort of the Cal Ripken of triathlon. This year will mark his 24th straight trip to Kona. He also swims next to me at my local YMCA, but I have never met him, as I've never wanted to bother him during his own training due to his incredible focus.
Today I'll go for a 20ish minute run, check in my bike as well as my gear bags, and officially report my total funds raised for my Janus Charity Challenge. My parents are also coming up today and I'm really looking forward to seeing them.
Feel free to follow me online tomorrow at ironmanlive.com. I am bib 292. I remember last year watching the live video feed of the finish line at Lake Placid. I distinctly remember the last ten minutes before midnight. I remember seeing a woman finish with a cane, a man propose marriage to his girlfriend and a Clydesdale gleefully crossing the line...all of these happened in those magical 10 minutes between 11:50PM and midnight. There is nothing like the finish line at Ironman. Hopefully I am fortunate enough to see it tomorrow night.
Thank you for joining me on this journey. See you on the other side of 140.6.


7 Comments:
Good luck, Jeremy. Maybe see you out on the course...
Derek.
Jeremy- your LP updates are very cool! Positive vibes your way...ROCK that course tomorrow!!
Good luck, I'll be tracking and watching!
YOU'VE FINISHED! GO IRON JEREMY! YAY!
Congrats dude! You are an Ironman! Can hardly wait to hear the race report!
Well done Jeremy- congrats!
YYYEEEAAAHHH!!
You finished!! How incredibly exciting!! And, when I saw your splits during the day -- starting with that MONSTER swim -- I knew it was going to be a good one.
You KILLED your first Ironman, Jeremy! You should be so proud of yourself!!
Can't wait to hear all the sordid details, especially what it was like starting off at the front of the field after the swim.
Yeah!
Post a Comment
<< Home