Live For The Day
Last night I was at the gym for a treadmill run when I experienced a horrible event. A man on an elliptical machine fell off his elliptical, hit his head on the elliptical machine adjacent to him and was rendered unconscious. Within seconds it seemed as though the entire gym's worth of people swarmed to his aid. Two people began administering CPR when they realized his heart had stopped. Paramedics arrived on the scene after about 10 minutes and carted him off to their ambulance shortly thereafter. I don't know whether or not the man survived as he was still not breathing and had no pulse after 15-20 minutes of CPR. All this poor man did was fall off an elliptical and he may not have lived to survive this accident. I can only hope for the best for this man and his family.
Ever since last night I have been completely shaken by this moment. It got me thinking about my own life and how precious each day truly is. I am so lucky to not only be alive, but also to be healthy enough to train for events like a marathon and an Ironman.
All I have is today, so I'll do my best to make the most of it.
Whether making the most of your own day means swimming, biking, running, doing your best at work, or telling your friends and family how much they mean to you, please make the most out of your own day as well...because today is all we have.
Ever since last night I have been completely shaken by this moment. It got me thinking about my own life and how precious each day truly is. I am so lucky to not only be alive, but also to be healthy enough to train for events like a marathon and an Ironman.
All I have is today, so I'll do my best to make the most of it.
Whether making the most of your own day means swimming, biking, running, doing your best at work, or telling your friends and family how much they mean to you, please make the most out of your own day as well...because today is all we have.


2 Comments:
That is heavy! I just found out the other day a dear friend has stage 3 breast cancer, all of a sudden some of my concerns seem so insignificant!
Its too bad that it often takes an event such as this to get us thinking of just how lucky we are to be alive and experiencing everything it has to offer.
I will do my best to remember the lesson.
Post a Comment
<< Home