Thursday, October 05, 2006

Seven Days in Review

First things first...I want to say thank you so so so much to everyone that has commented, e-mailed and pledged their support for my Janus Charity Challenge mentioned in my last post. It really means the world to me to have so many of you believe in my mission!

It's been a while since I've posted any training stats, so I figured I was due. Normally I've done a week in review, but this one can't wait until the end of the week, so instead I'll give my "last seven days" in review (which seems to be just as good, right?).

My running endurance has come a really long way from when I started wholeheartedly logging my distances a few months ago. In the last seven days I've managed to get 6 runs done for a total of 40.62 miles! For whatever reason, topping the 40 mile barrier seems like a good breakthrough from a psychological standpoint. A few months ago when I drew out my marathon training plan, I wanted to hit 40 miles for my last few weeks before the marathon and hit 20 miles for my long run. Well, I've got the weekly number already and with some solid work over the next few weeks, I'll hit my 20 miler! If you're curious how the mileage was broken out over the past few days, here it is:

Friday, 9/29 : 35:47 - 4.18 miles - 8:34 mile pace
Saturday, 9/30 : 47:10 - 5.21 miles - 9:03 mile pace
Sunday, 10/1 : 2:27:34 - 14.80 miles - 9:58 mile pace
Monday, 10/2 : Rest
Tuesday, 10/3 : 56:33 - 6.00 miles - 9:25 mile pace
Wednesday, 10/4 : 34:37 - 4.18 miles - 8:17 mile pace
Thursday, 10/5 : 1:00:00 - 6.25 miles - 9:36 mile pace

Total: 6:21:41 - 40.62 miles

Overall, I am really pleased with these stats. I'm still trying to figure out what would be a good time goal for the marathon. Based on my runs lately, I'm thinking a 10 minute mile pace might be doable for 26.2 miles. That would put me at 4:22:00. I'll say anything near that time would be awesome and anything below that time would be way beyond awesome for me! That said, just finishing is the only true goal in 6 weeks. Getting a time that I'm psyched about would just be icing on the cake.

Thanks again for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home