Long runs are starting to get LONG
16 mile run yesterday.
No matter how long I stick with endurance sports, I'm 99.999999% certain that 16 miles will never ever ever feel short!
18 mile run planned for this coming Sunday.
20 mile run planned in 3 weeks.
Quick question for distance runners and/or triathletes who run marathons...what's your longest long run before a marathon and how far in advance of the marathon do you run it?
My plan is to top out at 20 miles three weeks before the Philly Marathon and start my taper after that.
No matter how long I stick with endurance sports, I'm 99.999999% certain that 16 miles will never ever ever feel short!
18 mile run planned for this coming Sunday.
20 mile run planned in 3 weeks.
Quick question for distance runners and/or triathletes who run marathons...what's your longest long run before a marathon and how far in advance of the marathon do you run it?
My plan is to top out at 20 miles three weeks before the Philly Marathon and start my taper after that.


2 Comments:
I also wonder if and when 15 - 20 miles runs will start to feel comfortable and less than long runs. Right now my 10 milers are my favorites - they are nice, middle distances that I enjoy. Perhaps at some point I will begin to feel the same about the longer runs.
Can't answer the question, since my first is approaching...but completely GREEN with envy of your 16 mile run! Your training is so on track -- great stuff!
Post a Comment
<< Home