Monday, February 05, 2007

T-Minus 24 Weeks

My bum hurts quite a bit! I suppose a trainer ride that spans 3:34:39 will do that to you.

Last week was another successful week of base building for me. Although I only managed to train during 5 out of 7 days, my hours and workout quality was good for me.

Here's the daily breakdown:
Monday: Scheduled Day of Rest
Tuesday: 1 hr trainer ride
Wednesday: Missed day of workouts due to life, etc.
Thursday AM: 1 hr trainer ride
Thursday PM: 1 hr treadmill run (6.86 miles), 33 minute swim (2000 yards)
Friday AM: 1 hr trainer ride
Friday PM: 30 minute treadmill run, 34 minute swim (2000 yards)
Saturday: 3:34:39 trainer ride, 32:06 run (3.6 miles)
Sunday: 50 minute swim (3000 yards), 40 minute treadmill run (4.16 miles)

Total T-Minus 24 Weeks Breakdown:
Swim: 1:57:00 (7000 yards)
Bike: 6:34:39
Run: 2:42:06 (17.77 miles)
Strength: Goose Egg
Total: 11:13:45

Overall, I was bummed that I missed a day of scheduled workouts, but I was still pleased with my body of work for the week. The gem of the week was definitely the 4+ hour brick workout, which I completed with fellow blogger Dave. It was a real pleasure to meet Dave. Let me tell you...this guy has some serious prioritization skills. With a 2-year old son, and another little one on the way shortly, he still manages to put in a TON of training hours. His daily 4AM routine is really admirable!

This week I am hoping to bump up my total hours and put in some really good endurance sessions. Saturday should be a fun one. The wife and I are meeting some friends in Western Massachusetts. They will all be skiing and snowboarding...while I try for a 4 hour trainer ride with a short run to follow. Should be good fun!

Thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

Blogger Spokane Al said...

Gotta believe those long trainer rides make you stronger - mentally and physically!

1:07 AM  
Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

You and Dave are BOTH machines! What a great training week!! You're going to really feel dividends from keeping up with solid bricks each month.

Oh, and I've decided that you're genetically part fish. I'm still working on a nickname for you (AquaJay, maybe?), but geesh...8000 bazillion yards in one week!

Fish-o-rama.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Donald said...

Why'd you stop at 3:34:39? Did 3:35:00 seem too long?

Awesome training week.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Jeremy - thanks for your comment on my site. Definitely keep me posted on your plans to head up to LP for a training weekend. I'm hoping to get up there in late May/early June - it would be great to coordinate and meet up with other suckers racing in July.
Have fun training!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Keep chopping! I'm with Al, those looong trainer rides are money in the bank for IM! Anything beyond an hour on the trainer is tough in my book!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home