T-Minus 25 Weeks
Another base building week in the books.
Another 10+ hour week to be proud of.
An all-around solid month of January to look back on.
A ton of work still left ahead of me before the notion of completing 140.6 begins to feel even remotely like a possibility!
Stats for last week are as follows:
Swim: 2:23:30 (8000 yards)
Bike: 6:00:00
Run: 2:11:41 (13.48 miles)
Strength: Goose Egg
Total: 10:35:11
Stats for January:
Swim: 5:53:23 (20,500 yards)
Bike: 24:15:00
Run: 11:27:01 (74.31 miles)
Strength: 0:30:00 - Not a very good commitment to strength in January
Total: 42:05:24
My promise to myself for February - LONGER HOURS & INCREASED OVERALL ENDURANCE
Looking back, I am proud of the training I put in during January. It was a stressful time outside of training, with many trips to New York for work, and many sleep-deprived nights working on my business school applications. Finishing a 2-hour training ride at midnight is not much fun, but this is Ironman we're talking about...and you can't fake it on race day.
This Saturday I'll meet my first tri-blogger, as Dave from Dave's Ironman Blog has invited me over to his crib for a 3.5 hour trainer ride and a 30 minute EASY run. Dave, as far as I can tell, is an absolute training beast and will be a force to be reckoned with at IMLP.
That's about all for now. Train safe and thanks for reading!
Another 10+ hour week to be proud of.
An all-around solid month of January to look back on.
A ton of work still left ahead of me before the notion of completing 140.6 begins to feel even remotely like a possibility!
Stats for last week are as follows:
Swim: 2:23:30 (8000 yards)
Bike: 6:00:00
Run: 2:11:41 (13.48 miles)
Strength: Goose Egg
Total: 10:35:11
Stats for January:
Swim: 5:53:23 (20,500 yards)
Bike: 24:15:00
Run: 11:27:01 (74.31 miles)
Strength: 0:30:00 - Not a very good commitment to strength in January
Total: 42:05:24
My promise to myself for February - LONGER HOURS & INCREASED OVERALL ENDURANCE
Looking back, I am proud of the training I put in during January. It was a stressful time outside of training, with many trips to New York for work, and many sleep-deprived nights working on my business school applications. Finishing a 2-hour training ride at midnight is not much fun, but this is Ironman we're talking about...and you can't fake it on race day.
This Saturday I'll meet my first tri-blogger, as Dave from Dave's Ironman Blog has invited me over to his crib for a 3.5 hour trainer ride and a 30 minute EASY run. Dave, as far as I can tell, is an absolute training beast and will be a force to be reckoned with at IMLP.
That's about all for now. Train safe and thanks for reading!


4 Comments:
Good week of training!
Way to go. Keep rocking and you will be more than ready for your upcoming IM adventure.
wow! I think you will be more than ready for Ironman, especially with your calm and postive attitude. Looking forward to reading your adventure unfold :)
Training beasts..hmm :)
I did no strength training at all. So far, body is handling that well. If I have more time, I will hit the weights. For now, focus is aerobic base.
I am with you in Feb as the month to increase the aerobic base. My plan is to get at least one 5 hr trainer session in.
Post a Comment
<< Home