Monday, April 09, 2007

Monster Weekend

When I started this journey of Ironman, I knew there would be weekends like this. You hope and plead that you can make it through unscathed, but you won’t know what it’ll really be like until you’re on the other side. Pray for Monday to arrive!

This past weekend was an absolute monster training weekend. I put in a massive ten hours over the two day period, which included nine hours on the bike.

Like I said, an absolute monster training weekend!

Four hour ride on Saturday and a five hour ride on Sunday followed by a one hour run. Six hour Sunday brick?! As the philosopher Stefani once said, “this @#!% is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S.” It felt pretty amazing to run for an hour following the five hour ride. Although I wasn’t breaking any land speed records, I wasn’t going hideously slow either. The closest reference I can make was that the hour run felt about how I felt after around 20ish miles in the Philadelphia Marathon. Not horrendous, but not particularly fresh either. Just a bit heavy all around. For the time being…I’ll take it. Have you ever had a Coca-Cola following a really really long workout? Best. Coke. Ever.

The week rounded out at 14 hours total. Not bad considering Monday was a scheduled rest day and Tuesday was a wash as I had to travel to NYC for work. 14 hours in 5 days isn’t too shabby.

Thanks for reading and happy training.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

Holy shite. 9 hours on the bike in 2 days! Very impressive and my rear-end hurts just thinking about it. Great work!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Donald said...

Wow. Those are some pretty bad-ass workouts. Way to go!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

9 hours on the bike in two days.

SOLID.

Great work on the weight loss too- keep it rolling!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

That is a lot of bike riding! Great job building towards IM.

I agree with you on the taste of the a coke. At that point it absolutely takes like nectar from the heavens.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home