Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I'm bikeless!

Last week was an awesome training week for me.

14 hours in total, of which 7.5 hours were done on Saturday and Sunday.

Some highlights for the week included a 4.5 hour trainer ride on Saturday and a 4200 yard swim workout on Sunday.

I'm bikeless for at least the majority of this week as Cookie Monster is in the shop getting tuned and ready to be ridden outdoors. After working my way up to 270 minutes of indoor riding, I have to say that I absolutely can not wait to get outside!

Not a whole heck of a lot other than that to report. I am really pleased with my progress thus far. Hopefully my bike endurance continues to grow in the coming weeks. I really need to start going on some long outdoor rides to test my nutrition strategies that I've been trying to perfect within the confines of my living room on my trainer.

On the weight loss front, I'm rocking and rolling with that as well. Down 23 pounds in the last 12 months. Still hoping to drop between 10-15 additional pounds before Ironman Lake Placid.

Happy and healthy. For a simple guy with a beautiful wife and a lovingly supportive family...I can't ask for much more.

Thanks again for reading.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donald said...

Great job with the weight loss! That will make a huge difference in your bike/run speed.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

Wow, that is terrific progress in the weight loss. I'm sure it will continue when you can get outside on your bike.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

I know those moments...when you realize how simply wonderful the whole picture is. Made me smile.

Great news on the weight loss and solid training. I always get a little freaked when I see your level of training (compared to mine), but then I remember that IMLP is a little early. Still, though, you're progress is fantastic -- you should be so proud!

ps -- there are two local metric centuries coming up that you may be interested in. one in green lane park area and one in exton/lionville area. links on blog. later!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Duane said...

Good job on the weight loss!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home