Back in Business
I’m finally free of that horrible flu bug that wiped out my training for nearly a week. It’s good to be back! I have to say though…when you miss that much training time, it’s hard not to feel a bit rusty. And by rusty I mean weak. Not weak like you can’t do a thing, but weak like you know you’re not turning over your legs fast enough on your run, or your bike cadence is down, or your arms feel like lead pipes in the pool. Just generally weak. Nothing to mope about…it’s just a phase that I need to work through.
That said, I was proud of last week’s training, all things considered. Putting in a 10 hour week felt like a good accomplishment after being on my tail nearly all week before.
Training is about to take an interesting turn soon. This Sunday marks T-Minus 20 weeks until IMLP! I’ll be taking it up a few notches. It’s time to start really kicking some ass in training or else my ass will be royally kicked on July 22, 2007.
Stats for last week’s training:
Monday: Scheduled Rest
Tuesday: 60 minute run, 32 minute swim
Wednesday: 90 minute bike
Thursday: 60 minute bike
Friday: 60 minute bike
Saturday: 120 minute bike, 60 minute run
Sunday: 60 minute run, 60 minute swim
Total Swim: 1:32
Total Bike: 5:30
Total Run: 3:00
Total Time: 10:02
That said, I was proud of last week’s training, all things considered. Putting in a 10 hour week felt like a good accomplishment after being on my tail nearly all week before.
Training is about to take an interesting turn soon. This Sunday marks T-Minus 20 weeks until IMLP! I’ll be taking it up a few notches. It’s time to start really kicking some ass in training or else my ass will be royally kicked on July 22, 2007.
Stats for last week’s training:
Monday: Scheduled Rest
Tuesday: 60 minute run, 32 minute swim
Wednesday: 90 minute bike
Thursday: 60 minute bike
Friday: 60 minute bike
Saturday: 120 minute bike, 60 minute run
Sunday: 60 minute run, 60 minute swim
Total Swim: 1:32
Total Bike: 5:30
Total Run: 3:00
Total Time: 10:02


3 Comments:
I am glad to hear that you are back on the mend and back on your training schedule. Hopefully you have gotten this illness stuff out of your system and can now continue to ramp up and rock out.
Welcome back! I know what you mean about the 'weak' thing -- battling a cold and did a big trail run on sunday and now my cadence dips into the 80s if i'm not watching it every second of the ride.
You'll get back up to before in no time and take on T-minus 20 like the crazed triathlete you are!
20 weeks..yikes! It's like you blink and another 4 weeks is gone eh!?
Be careful coming back from the flu..i've heard it can take several weeks beyond when you "feel ok" for your body to fully recover!
Post a Comment
<< Home